Community engagement is a critical component of equitable development strategies. To better support project teams that are making strides in integrating community voices into their development projects, Metropolitan Council’s Livable Communities grant programs award points for robust practices that engage communities with a direct stake in projects.
Community engagement takes time and resources, and we want to support applicants to be successful in their process. We will host a two-part community engagement session to offer tools, resources, and a place to ask questions.
Thursday, May 2
9:00 am - 11:00 am
179 Robie St E.
Saint Paul, MN 55107
A light breakfast catered by El Burrito Mercado will be provided. Please register by Friday, April 26.
The second session will take place mid-December.
During the two-hour session we will offer a brief overview of scoring changes as they relate to public process, an overview of community engagement principles, examples of successful community engagement initiatives, and time to talk with the facilitators in a small-group setting. The following community engagement practitioners will be joining LCA staff to lead the session:
Registration is open until Friday, April 26
- Claudia Fuentes, Outreach Coordinator, Metropolitan Council
- Amanda Lovelee, Parks Ambassador, Metropolitan Council
- James Garrett, AIA, Managing Partner, 4RM + ULA
- Alexa Golemo, Executive Director, Macalester-Groveland Community Council
- Avi Viswanathan, Program Director, Community Engagement Institute, Nexus Community Partners
- Olivia Levins Holden, Community Resilience Organizer, Hope Community
. When you register, please include questions or topics you would most like to discuss during the session. This will help us make best use of your time and touch on the information you most want to hear.
Please contact Hannah Gary, LCDA Program Coordinator, with any questions, at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-602-1633.